We are on the search for an Executive Director for ADHD Embrace. If you feel like you are interested in the role outlined below and have the skills we are looking for, we would love to hear from you!
Job Title: Executive Director
Reporting to: Chairman
Salary: £35,000 per annum
Benefits Employers pension contribution 3% of salary, holiday entitlement 20 days
Location: The role will initially be a virtual role but in the near future, we expect the role to be delivered from an office/shared workspace in the Borough of Richmond as our activities take place in and around Richmond and Kingston
The role: The Executive Director will be the senior lead in the charity to take it to the next stage of development. The role will involve planning and execution of its service delivery including planning for funding of its offering, development and overseeing maintenance of policies and procedures, managing and coordinating the team (consisting of staff and volunteers) and ensuring the charity continues its active presence in its advocacy work and in the wider community.
In partnership with the Board of Trustees, the Director will develop and deliver a clear strategy and vision for sustainable growth.
The duties: Lead all activities of the organisation which will involve the following tasks:
- Planning, coordination with external service providers, delivery of events and gathering feedback. Key events include:
- Seminars – twice monthly
- Post diagnosis workshops
- Parenting courses
- Teacher seminars
- Schools outreach
- Community outreach
- Recruiting, vetting and managing volunteers including maintaining volunteers register
- Ensuring relevant policies and procedures are in place for the charity to operate in-line with its objectives
- Oversee IT platform and data management activities including
- Effective operation of IT platform including the booking system and CRM
- Data production for reporting to Trustees and funders
- Oversee marketing and communications activity including:
- Production of fortnightly newsletter
- Management of social media presence
- Regular update of content on website
- External correspondence
- Managing operations within the parameters of the budget as approved by the Board of Trustees
- Producing reports for the Board of Trustees and attending regular Trustee Meetings as required
Skills Required: The Executive Director will be a graduate or school leaver with + 10 years’ experience with the following attributes and experience.
- Strong organisational skills and creating structure in work routes
- Ability to plan for short and long term and ability to prioritise workload
- Good IT skills (including Microsoft Office software)
- Experience in a leadership role in the voluntary sector
- Excellent communication skills, good interpersonal skills and ability to work with a range of people
- Self‐motivated and a self-starter with energy to lead the charity onto its next stage of development
Time commitment & working hours: Forty hours per week with some of the tasks requiring attendance at meetings in the evening.
If you would like to apply for this position, please send a current CV (no more than two sides of A 4) along with a covering email outlining your relevant skills and motivation for applying. Please send to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date is 25th January.