We are on the search for a Family Support Worker for ADHD Embrace. If you feel like you are interested in the role outlined below and have the skills we are looking for, we would love to hear from you!
Job Title: Family Support Worker
Reporting to: Executive Director
Salary: Pro rata of £26,000 full time equivalent
Benefits Employers pension contribution 3% of salary,
Holidays 20 days plus bank holidays prorata of 20 days full time equivalent
Hours: Part time 32 hours per week, 52 weeks a year. This would include some ad hoc evening work for any events taking place in the evening.
Location: The role will initially be a virtual role but in the near future, we expect the role to be delivered from an office/shared workspace in the Borough of Richmond as our activities take place in and around Richmond and Kingston
The role: The Family Support Worker will be working directly with families who have children and young people with ADHD. We believe that if we can support parents and professionals working with children and teenagers with ADHD, the children and teenagers will benefit from this. As children and young people with ADHD get better support at home and in their communities (including at school), we can significantly improve the potential of people with ADHD, allowing them to flourish and be empowered to make a positive contribution to the community.
The duties: The role will involve three areas of work with the following duties:
One-to-one advice clinics
- Offer 1-2-1 advice sessions where parents bring 1 or 2 key issues they need help with. Work with the parents (and the family’s young person with ADHD) by providing information and advice, where relevant refer to appropriate services and offer information and assist in putting together an action plan to help address the key issues.
- Work collaboratively with families so that they feel listened to and supported and thereafter empowered to support their family. Offer a warm, welcoming and empathic service to clients, while maintaining professional boundaries.
- Maintain efficient files and records and ensure sessions are on the ADHD Embrace booking system.
- On completion of the work support the family to evaluate the process and to identify any beneficial change experienced as a result of the intervention
Workshops and courses
- Develop, promote and facilitate workshops and courses on specific issues that parents and young people with ADHD have difficulty with whilst also enabling peer support advice.
- Work closely with Executive Director to provide input on other services to support families and professionals and also provide feedback on areas to be addressed as part of our advocacy work based on insights and knowledge gained form working with families.
Community and Schools’ Outreach
- Lead Community Outreach and Schools’ Outreach programme to create awareness of ADHD and ADHD Embrace and its service offering to parents and professionals.
Skills Required: The Family Support Worker will have + 10 years’ experience and may have in the past worked as a Family Support Worker, Social Worker, Teacher or Healthcare Professional with the following attributes and experience:
- Excellent people skills, showing warmth and empathy but also maintaining good professional boundaries
- Must be comfortable working with individuals as well as give brief talks to groups
- Have a good knowledge of ADHD or other neuro developmental conditions gained by working with children or families with ADHD
- Strong desire or passion to help and support people with a practical mindset to help make a difference
- Self‐motivated and a self-starter with energy to develop the role
Deadline: Application to be submitted by 15 February 2022
If you would like to apply for this position, please send a current CV (no more than two sides of A 4) along with a covering email outlining your relevant skills and motivation for applying. Please send to email@example.com.