This five-week online course will focus on supporting parents of children that frequently exhibit aggressive, controlling and very challenging behaviours
The course is specifically designed for parents of teenage children or those who are currently in senior school (age 11+). It will cover subjects such as:
- The causes of aggressive or violent behaviour
- How to de-escalate difficult situations
- How to Therapeutically address and stop unwanted behaviours
- How to improve and repair the relationship with your child and create a calm home
Course presenter: Jenny Wilkinson, Dip.Couns, NVR Parenting.
Jenny is a qualified counsellor, trauma informed family therapist, accredited NVR Practitioner with lived experience of child-to-parent violence and ADHD. Jenny specialises in helping parents create calm in their family using Non-Violent Resistance (NVR).
This course is online. Participants will be encouraged to join the course with cameras on as it is quite interactive.
- week 1 - Understanding aggressive behaviour, Self care and Picking your Battles
- week 2 - Techniques to de-escalate and stop aggressive behaviour
- week 3 - Parental presence - the child to parent relationship
- week 4 - Building a loving parental connection and how to use your support network
- week 5 - Review and Q&A
To apply for an assisted place, please get in touch with us outlining your circumstances at firstname.lastname@example.org. We charge a modest amount for our course to help us cover our costs, yet we also want them to be affordable to as many people as possible. We have a limited number of assisted places for those suffering financial hardship.