Updated November 2022
The following terms and conditions apply:
Your use of the Website
By using the Website, you confirm that you accept these terms and conditions and that you agree to comply with them. If you do not agree, you must not use the Website.
We may amend or revise these terms and conditions at any time by updating the text of this page.
You can view the Website and use any content contained on the Website for your own purposes provided you use it for information purposes and not for reproduction on any other website, other publication or for commercial gain. Should you wish to use any of the material on the Website, then you would need to get our permission in writing. If permission is granted, then ADHD Embrace needs to be fully accredited as the source.
The Website is intended for use by UK residents in relation to their activities within the UK.
Copyright and trademarks
ADHD Embrace is the owner or licensee of the copyright for content on this site. Authorised use of this content (including reproduction, storage, modification, distribution or republication) without the prior written consent of the copyright holder(s) is not allowed.
The ADHD Embrace name and logos are our sole property. You may not use ADHD Embrace’s unregistered or registered trademarks without the prior consent of ADHD Embrace in writing.
Reliance on information on this Website
The content on this Website is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on any specific circumstances and on which you should rely.
Every care is taken to ensure that the information included in this Website is accurate, but inaccuracies may nevertheless occur. If you discover any information which you believe to be inaccurate, please notify us by writing to email@example.com.
Links to our site
ADHD Embrace welcomes links to our sites. You may make these without requesting specific permission. You should ensure that it is clear to users, in the link and the way that the information is presented, that it is our site that is being used. For example, you should not use frames or other methods with the intention of disguising the source of the information.
Limitation of liability
You agree, to the maximum extent allowed by law, to indemnify ADHD Embrace and any affiliates from and against any and all liabilities, expenses (including legal fees) and damages arising out of claims resulting from your use of the Website, including, without limitation, any claims alleging facts that if true would constitute a breach by you of these terms. If you are dissatisfied with any of the website material or with any of these terms, your sole remedy is to discontinue using the Website.
ADHD Embrace shall not be liable for any claims, losses, injuries, penalties, damages, costs or expenses arising from the use of, or inability to use, the Website or its content, or from any action taken or omitted.
Cancellation and Refund Policy:
- Seminars and Teacher Seminars
- Our Seminars and Teacher Seminars are modestly priced and cover our operational costs for the registration of participants. Should a participant wish to cancel their registration, they will not be entitled to a refund of the administration fee.
- Post Diagnosis Workshops
- We charge an administration fee to cover our operational costs for the registration of participants on all funded and unfunded places on our Post Diagnosis Workshops. The administration fee is non-refundable if participants cancel their registration.
- Cancellations made prior to 14 calendar days before the start date of the Workshop by registrants for places that are unfunded will be refunded for the payment made, net of the administration fee. Any cancellation made after this period, will not be refundable.
- In the case of cancellations made within 14 calendar days before the start date of the Workshop by registrants for places that are unfunded, the following will apply. If the Workshop is over-subscribed and should a replacement participant take over that place, then we will at our discretion make a refund, net of the administration fee.
- Parenting Courses
- Cancellations made by registrants prior to 30 calendar days before the start date of the Course will be refunded for the payment made, net of an administration fee of £20 per booking. Any cancellation made after this date will not be refundable.
- In the case of cancellations made within 30 calendar days before the start of the Course, the following will apply. If the Course is over-subscribed and should a replacement participant take over that place, then we will at our discretion make a refund, net of an administration fee of £20 per booking.
- For the avoidance of doubt, once the Course has commenced, no refunds will be made.
- All other events
- Cancellations on all other events are non-refundable
- Purchases on our Video Library
- We do not offer refunds of amounts paid for purchases on our Video Library for any downloads.
Cancellations made by ADHD Embrace
If we have to cancel an event, ADHD Embrace will endeavour to give advance notice of 48 hours before the event to the extent possible. In the case of cancellations made by us, you will be entitled to a full refund of the payment you made. Such refunds will be processed within 7 days of the date of the event.
ADHD Embrace aims to give the highest possible standard of service at all times, however, there may be occasions when our service users feel the quality of the service provided by ADHD Embrace falls short of what they feel they can reasonably expect. In these circumstance, they can make a complaint.
Anyone raising a formal complaint through our complaints procedure, can expect a prompt, full and fair investigation with every effort being made to respond to them within 20 working days. They can expect to be kept informed while their complaint is investigated, and if it is going to be longer than 20 working days duration before a response is made, they will be informed accordingly.
What types of things can be complained about?
- Not receiving fair and equal access to the services offered
- Not been given sufficient support and help within the context of the services we offer
- Feeling they have not received empathy or have not been heard
- Feeling they have been treated in a discourteous manner
- The information they have been given had not been clear
This list is not exhaustive.
Procedure for making a complaint
Complaints should be submitted in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. The complaint will be escalated to the Executive Director who will make contact with the complainant to ascertain the foundation of the complaint and to explore ways of resolving the issue in question. Where relevant the Executive Director will be responsible for investigating with other members of staff, the essence of the complaint. A full report will be made within 20 working days (see above) unless the complainant has been advised otherwise. If the complainant feels their complaint has not been appropriately addressed, they will be given the contact details of the Chair of the Board of Trustees where they can make direct contact.